YOGA AS A THERAPY: BIOMEDICAL AND AYURVED-YOGA CLASSES
“YOGA (ASANA) IS NOT ABOUT STRAINING, IT IS ABOUT SUSTAINING. IT IS NOT ABOUT ACHIEVING, IT IS ABOUT ACCEPTING. IT IS NOT ABOUT SHOWING OFF, IT IS ABOUT TUNING IN. IT IS NOT ABOUT LOOKING GOOD, IT IS ABOUT FEELING GOOD. THE MORE THESE CONCEPTS ARE REINFORCED, THE MORE INTELLIGENT CHOICES ARE MADE. BETTER CHOICES LEAD TO BETTER HABITS, WHICH LEAD TO BETTER POSTURE AND LIFESTYLE.”
- Eden Goldman
BIOMEDICAL AND AYURVED-YOGA CLASSES
With the advent of the billion dollar wellness industry revolution in the West over recent years, many people have been left with a perception that Yoga may be:
- Simply about a style of gymnastic movement;
- For young, slim, flexible, well, and able-bodied people;
- That it is simply for occasional relaxation or increasing physical stamina;
- That it may be mainly for women;
- That it does not combine well for those involved (also) in other physical exercise modalities;
- That in order to practice it one must have Eastern spiritual associations;
- That it is something that they themselves could never do; or feel uncomfortable participating in a larger or more anonymous group class setting.
Yet, Yoga has a several thousand year old tradition behind it, where it has the capacity to offer enormous benefits to people’s health and wellbeing through all stages in life, as a a way of maintaining current health and wellbeing, but just as importantly as a scientifically proven way to assist in navigating through various health challenges.
If one can breathe, move and has the capacity to learn to focus their attention, then one is able to practice Yoga.
At Mandaram, we specialise in working with individuals currently facing health and/or life challenges: either with chronic and/or debilitating conditions; those suffering from anxiety, depression, stress; or any other form of health issue/challenges; as well as those who want to explore Yoga as a way to working towards building better mental, emotional and physical resilience, and/or finding more meaning and purpose to life.
- One-on-one tutoring/mentoring sessions: face-to-face or online.
- Semi-private classes (max. 4 participants): face-to-face only. We do not offer 'open to all' classes, but programs to suit each individual, based on their needs.
- Custom-tailored online educational/tutorial Yoga as a Therapy courses/programs.
All of our yoga sessions and classes are educationally focussed, highly supportive and have a fundamental focus on giving you tools to be able to utilise within your daily life.
Face-to-face sessions are undertaken in our idyllic, private and tranquil Euroa studio - complete with modern amenities, including heating and air-conditioning.
What underpins our Biomedical Yoga and Ayurved-Yoga sessions/classes:
- The foundations of Yoga therapy underpin all that we do and offer: where we adapt and apply various Yoga techniques and practices to both help individuals work towards maintaining their health and wellbeing; and for those that are facing health challenges at any level, we work with the individual to help towards the reduction of suffering, manage symptoms, improve function, and shift perspective on themselves and their condition/situation.
- We look at the individual as a whole person, who is seeking to change attitudes and actions that inhibit the natural healing process, and to cultivate attitudes and actions that support it, through working towards: (1) Reducing the symptoms of suffering that can be reduced; (2) Managing the symptoms that cannot be reduced; (3) Rooting out the cause wherever possible; (5) Improving life function; and (6) Shifting attitudes and perspectives in relationship to the challenges in life.
- Our approach is historically informed, yet thoroughly modern, science based techniques and approaches.
- We maintain a focus on the body’s natural ability to heal and renew.
- Removing the concept of comparing ourselves to others and what they can or cannot do.
- All of our Yoga sessions classes are fully Trauma Informed (both in terms of professional training, but also from a personal understanding of our own personal experiences of trauma).
Whatever your stage in life, whatever your condition of health, whatever your physical stamina or level of flexibility, whatever your occupation, we invite you to explore what our Yoga sessions/classes can offer to you.
NOTE: For semi-private classes, we do not have publicly listed class times. Instead, we aim to match individuals with the most appropriate class.
Feel free to contact us to find out more about our session/ classes and how we can be of help to you.
Individual sessions: $90.00 per hour
Semi-private classes: $30.00 per hour